Intel introduced Alder Lake processors with overclocking feature
The Intel Vision 2022 exhibition was bound to be remembered, based on the rumors around the new generation of processors. And the announcement of Intel Alred Lake-HX met all expectations! Now it is known for sure that these will be Enthusiast-level chips, which offer not only full-fledged silicon with 16 cores and 24 threads, but also the possibility of increasing the clock frequency by changing the multiplier, as well as overclocking DDR5 RAM.
The manufacturer highlights several features of the new chips:
- Up to 16 cores (8 performance cores and 8 efficient cores) and 24 threads with a base 55W processor.
- Support for x16 PCIe Gen 5.0 by the processor itself and 4×4 PCIe Gen 4.0 mode via platform controller (PCH) for increased throughput and data transfer speed.
- The first series of mobile processors with the possibility of overclocking.
- Supports up to 128 GB of DDR5/LPDDR5 (up to 4800 MHz/5200 MHz) and DDR4 (up to 3200 MHz/4267 MHz) memory with error correction (ECC).
- Availability of Intel Wi-Fi 6/6E (Gig+)2 controller for connection to 6 GHz networks.